USC Viterbi STEM-EOP and TECH CORPS present
Maybe you mean: 'school' or 'program-slider' or 'newSlider' or 'Pictures' or 'shine-alumni' or 'shine-quotes'
Viterbi Summer Techie Coding Camp
June 17 to June 28, 2019
(Monday to Friday of each week)
The USC Viterbi Summer Techie Coding Camp is a two week program designed to engage historically underrepresented elementary and middle school students in hands-on, interactive STEM-related activities. Students will take a deep dive into subject matter focused on programming through the creation of mobile apps and the design of video games and interactive stories using Unity and will emerge with skills that are useful in today’s classroom and tomorrow's workplace.
- Currently enrolled in the 5th, 6th or 7th grade
- Have at least a B average in science and math classes
- Underrepresented minority in STEM (i.e., African American, Latino/Hispanic, American Indian/Native American, or female)
- Must attend both weeks of camp
- Priority will be given to active MESA or Viterbi STEM School Partner students
The camp is free of charge.
The camp runs from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday each week of the camp. Families must provide transportation to and from USC, lunch, two snacks and beverages.
All three parts of the application must be received by May 1. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that all application materials are received by the deadline. All applicants will be notified by email regarding application status by May 17.
For more information, please contact Ben Louie at firstname.lastname@example.org or (213) 740-5708.
Three Part Application: