What's SHINING this week!
-Annotated Bibliography Assignment due on July 17th! Please submit through the readings page.
-For more information and news from SHINE, follow us on Instagram and Twitter! (Instagram: @uscviterbivast) (Twitter: @USCViterbiSTEM)
Check out the list of mentors along with their respective professor and SHINE student.
SHINE students will join these research fields:
- Luke H, Chadwick High School
- Jacklyn O, Notre Dame Academy
- Achintya P, Irvington High School
- Noah S, WISH Academy High School
- Katelyn S, Academy of the Canyons Middle College High School
- Marco V, Damien High School
- Tianhao W, South Pasadena High School
- Alec B, Flintridge Preparatory School
- Justin J, West Ranch High School
- Dhruv A, Oak Park High School
- Abhinav B, Mission San Jose High School
- Pratham G, Horace Mann School
- Arnav N, Mission San Jose High School
- Rayan S, Mountain View High School
- Matthew B, Polytechnic School
- Jordan J, La Canada High School
- Michael K, Cypress High School
- Jason S, University High School
- Max E, Grover Cleveland High School
- Sarah B, Polytechnic School
- Pearson M, Choate Rosemary Hall
- Andrew S, Troy High School
- Angel T, East Los Angeles Renaissance Academy
- Irie C, Choate Rosemary Hall
- Riya R, Monta Vista High School
- Ishaan C, The Harker School
- Ipek G, Windward School
- Mena H, Diamond Bar High School
- Bryant H, Gretchen Whitney High School
- Josh H, Diamond Bar High School
- Cassandra J, Diamond Bar High School
- Rachel L, San Marin High School
Forms for Families to Complete and Return:
• Please send all forms to email@example.com
• Also send a scanned copy of the front and back of student’s health insurance card
Latest from SHINE!
Annotated Bibliography Assignment Due 7/17/2019
Photo Gallery from 2018
News Articles from 2018
New Technological Horizons in Electrical Engineering
The SHINE students challenged themselves last Friday in sessions devoted to the field of electrical engineering, including a tour of USC’s cleanroom and a workshop on quantum computing.
Supercomputing: The Future of Engineering with Prof. Sharada
Supercomputing has expanded the field of engineering.
Navigating Academic Research: SHINE Library Sessions
SHINE students are also learning many transferable skills that they’ll use in college and beyond.
Making a Difference: TELACU Education Foundation’s Vision
Three of our SHINE students come to USC Viterbi after being nurtured by the TELACU Education Foundation.
Taking a Well-Earned Break at the Summer Research BBQ
It was a beautiful sunny day when SHINE students gathered together with other summer researchers on the E-quad to celebrate the 4th of July.
Making Connections in Professor Nuzzo’s Electrical Engineering Lab
Professor Pierluigi Nuzzo’s electrical engineering lab may not look like a conventional STEM lab.
SHINE Students Soaring through Topics on Aerospace Week
Every Friday during the seven weeks of SHINE, the cohort focuses as a group on one area of engineering research.
Prof. Zavaleta Sheds (Fluorescent) Light on Cancer Imaging
Promoting the Clinical Translation of Nano-sized Imaging Agents.
High School Students Begin Summer Engineering Research
SHINE 2018 students come from various regions of Southern California.