Careers in STEM is a week long workshop series in which middle and high school students learn about 15 different areas of STEM from USC faculty, USC students and industry professionals. The fields covered are aerospace engineering, biology, biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry, civil engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, environmental science, industrial engineering, mathematics, mechanical engineering, neuroscience, physics, and spatial science.
- Registration is on a first come-first served basis
- Attendance is open to all students, but preference given to residents of Assembly District 59
- Late registrations will only be accepted if there is room available.
- Different STEM topic workshops will be offered each day for five consecutive days
- Students will rotate between workshops on each day
- Parent or responsible adult must attend orientation workshop the week prior
- The workshops will take place on the southwest side of the main USC campus. Participants may park on campus in the Downey Parking Structure for a cost of $12 or in the surrounding neighborhoods.
- Logistics and details will be emailed to those registered for the workshops. Unfortunately, non-registered, walk-ins will probably not be able to participate.